The tender for the construction of the $21.5 million Muswellbrook Hospital Stage 2 redevelopment has has been awarded to Stephen Edwards Constructions Pty Ltd.
Michael Johnsen MP, Member for the Upper Hunter made the announcement on Friday.
“This is an important milestone in Stage 2 of the Muswellbrook Hospital redevelopment project,” Mr Johnsen said.
Stage 2 of the redevelopment will involve the expansion and refurbishment of the front of the Muswellbrook Hospital, with state of the art healthcare facilities being delivered to address the region’s changing health needs.
Funded by the Restart NSW Resources for Regions Program, Stage 2 of the Muswellbrook Hospital Redevelopment will deliver a range of health service improvements including:
- Larger treatment spaces and additional treatment chairs for renal dialysis and chemotherapy;
- Improved spaces for medical imaging and pathology collection;
- Refurbished outpatient areas;
- Oral health services;
- An enhanced space for patients attending Muswellbrook Hospital for day surgery; and
- Improvements to the main entry, reception and admission areas.
“Stage 2 will complement Stage 1 of the Muswellbrook Hospital Redevelopment which was completed in 2015 and delivered a new Emergency Department,” Mr Johnsen said.
The construction team will be on site from the middle of this month, with Stage 2 of the Muswellbrook Hospital redevelopment expected to be complete in mid 2019.
Current tenders for the Hunter Region can be viewed at Australian Tenders.
See also Tender Insights: