This Privacy Statement should be reviewed before registering with Australian Tenders. This Privacy Statement explains how Procure collects, uses, manages and discloses personal information
Procure Communication Pty Ltd trading as Australian Tenders (ABN 52 138 669 655) (Procure), the operator of Australiantenders.com.au (Australian Tenders Database), is committed to maintaining your privacy and is bound to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and, if you are located in New Zealand, the Information Privacy Principles set out in the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020. Procure recognises your right to keep your personal information private.
This Privacy Statement explains how Procure collects, uses, manages and discloses personal information. It applies to all personal information provided to or collected by Procure. Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is known or can be reasonably ascertained from the material.
By subscribing to the Australian Tenders Database, Tender Alerts, responding to a tender on the Australian Tenders Database or providing personal information to Procure, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Types of Personal Information Collected
The types of personal information Procure may collect include names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, your occupation, the details of your employer, the name of your company, credit card details and any additional personal information that may be incorporated in covering letters and attachments submitted to the Australian Tenders Database in response to a tender.
Purpose of Collection
Procure collects personal information from you so that it can:
- provide subscriptions to the Australian Tenders Database;
- provide Tender Alerts to notify you via email of tenders that meet your specified criteria;
- process payments for subscriptions to Australian Tenders Database;
- communicate with you about your subscription or Tender Alerts;
- submit and manage your response (including email, company name, covering letters and attachments) to a tender advertised on the Australian Tenders Database;
- respond to your queries or complaints;
- improve Procure’s services and product offerings; or
- for any other use that you authorise or that is otherwise authorised under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 or any other relevant laws.
Procure will only disclose your personal information when necessary with the following third parties:
- particular service providers and contractors who enable Procure to deliver its products and services to you or who assist Procure in the general conduct of its business (including IT service providers, lawyers, accountants and auditors);
- the advertiser of a tender to which you have submitted a response through the Australian Tenders Database. Such disclosure will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of any such advertiser.
We may also disclose any and all information that we collect from you when we believe release is appropriate to comply with laws or regulations, enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, you, our users, or others or to satisfy legal processes or governmental requests.
In some circumstances, Procure will disclose personal information to third-party service providers who are located in countries outside of Australia (such as the United States) (overseas recipient).
Any overseas disclosure of your personal information that Procure makes is necessary for the provision of services to you, or for the overseas recipient to provide the services requested by us on your behalf. You consent to such disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients. You agree and acknowledge that the overseas recipient will be subject to the privacy law of their specific foreign jurisdiction. Those foreign privacy laws are likely to be different to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020. Accordingly, if your privacy is breached by the overseas recipient, Procure will not be held accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, and you may not be able to seek legal recourse in the overseas jurisdiction. In addition, the overseas recipient may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
Procure takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of its system and your personal information to protect it from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, Procure will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Some of the measures Procure implements to protect the integrity of your personal information includes:
- password-protected access to all systems and information;
- high level of physical security for servers, including 24x7x365 CCTV surveillance and security personnel, biometric and/or card access devices and traditional locks;
- a validated SSL certificate providing encryption of information.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences
You have a right to access the personal information that Procure collects and holds about you, and whilst Procure makes every effort to keep the information accurate and up to date, it is in your interests to advise Procure promptly of any changes.
Subscription with the Australian Tenders Database and Tender Alerts are completely optional. You may access and update your personal information and preferences at any time by clicking on the “Account” tab on the Australian Tenders Database.
You can modify, delete or disable any Tender Alerts by clicking on the “Tenders Alerts” tab under the “Account” tab on the Australian Tenders Database.
Credit Card Details
Procure stores your credit card details. Credit card details are sent to eWAY for processing using the TLS protocol to provide secure transmission of sensitive data between your web browser and the Payment Server.
Procure collects information from all visitors to the Australian Tenders Database to monitor information about the frequency and destination of contact with the Australian Tenders Database. This data is always used as aggregated, de-identified, non-personal information.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Procure may update this Privacy Statement from time to time, in which case the updated version will be displayed on the Australian Tenders Database.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Privacy Statement or its implementation, or requests to update your personal information, please email Procure at firstname.lastname@example.org.