The Federal Government will invest $75 million upgrading infrastructure at the Australian Signals Directorate buildings in Canberra.
The Minister for Defence Personnel Dan Tehan and Senator for the ACT Zed Seselja announced the upgrade and Managing Contractor, Lendlease, has issued a call for Expressions of Interest from subcontractors.
The Australian Signals Directorate is a 24-hours a day, seven day a week operation providing signals intelligence and information security to the Australian Government and the Australian Defence Force.
The $75 million upgrade to critical infrastructure at the Russell Offices Buildings R5 and R6 will improve performance while lowering running costs.
Mr Tehan said the $75 million upgrade had been referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Works today and would be funded under the Defence Integrated Investment Program.
“The ASD is essential to Australia’s national security and these improvements will help keep Australians safer by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of operations,” Mr Tehan said.
“The Government is committed to returning Defence spending to two per cent of GDP within a decade, delivering an additional $30 billion which will be invested in capability, infrastructure and personnel.”
Senator Seselja said the project would create job opportunities for local sub-contractors and suppliers.
“This $75 million project will generate significant economic benefit for the ACT, not only through the direct investment and jobs but flow-on effects such spending has in the community,” Mr Seselja said.
Lendlease Building Pty Limited has been appointed for the project. Construction of the upgrade works is expected to commence in April 2018.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) have been invited from qualified subcontractors to tender for relevant works packages which include:
- Civil Works (demolition, piling, earthworks, hard and soft landscaping)
- Structure (formwork, reinforcement supply and fix, concrete supply and place)
- Precast Concrete Panels* (supply and install precast concrete panels, survey)
- Structural Steelwork* (supply and install structural steel, purlins)
- Roofing and Wall Cladding (supply and install roofing, wall cladding, box gutters)
- Architectural Elements (supply and installation of partitions and ceilings, insulation, doors, hardware painting, blinds, timber paneling, acoustics, hoardings, internal demolition, metalwork, balustrades, joinery, loose furniture, cleaning, floor finishes, masonry, stonework)
- Hydraulic Services (supply and installation of hydraulic services, gas, sewer, stormwater)
- Mechanical Services (supply and installation of mechanical services)
- Low Voltage Electrical Services** (supply and installation of low voltage electrical services, electrical demolition, temporary power and lighting to work)
- High Voltage Electrical Services** (installation only of HV generators and supply and installation of all other HV elements).
See also more of LendLease's current tenders and contracts.