Western Sydney Airport Co (WSA Co) will hold an industry information session on Tuesday 5 December to provide further detail on the upcoming WSA works.Registration for the event is now open and qualified service providers are invited to attend. The information session will be held from 10:30am - 1:00pm on Tuesday 5 December 2017 (registration is from 10:00am). Attendance is not required for participation in future WSA Co procurement processes.
At this session WSA Co will provide further information on the procurement for the following activities main works, enabling works and WSA Co professional services.
The new Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek will create a range of business opportunities during its construction and operation. Work on the airport site can be divided into two development phases, enabling activities and main airport works.
WSA Co has already released tenders for enabling works including geotechnical investigation and land survey services. The company will undertake further procurement of enabling activities in 2017 and early 2018 for:
- remediation of contaminated material; and
- initial bulk earthworks.
There will be three primary packages of work that constitute the main airport works program.
The main airport works program for the Stage 1 development will include:
- earthworks to move and redistribute 22 million cubic metres of soil on the Badgerys Creek site;
- a 3.7 kilometre runway, aprons, taxiways and other appropriate aviation facilities;
- a multi-level terminal with a floor area of up to 90,000 square metres;
- drainage and utilities;
- car-parking facilities for around 11,500 cars; and
- on-site roads.
- Western Sydney Airport Design and Construction Tenders
- Western Sydney Airport Tender for Land Survey Released
- Tender Ready: Kick Goals in 2018 With a Fresh Look at Your Business
- How To Win Subcontractor Jobs
- Latest news