It's full steam ahead with new work packages for renewable energy projects in Victoria. Australian solar developer, FRV Services Australia (FRV), has now released work packages for an 85 megawatt (MWac) large-scale solar farm outside Winton, in northern Victoria.Using the latest in solar energy generation technology, Winton Solar Farm is valued at close to $150 million and is now at the mid-late stage of development. When fully-operational it will produce enough clean energy for around 50,000 homes.
Expressions of Interest are now open for suppliers and contractors, with work packages in the following areas - you can see the current EOI's here at Australian Tenders. This page updates as new tenders are released.
- Civil Works
- Electrical Substation Works
- Electrical Works
- Mechanical Installations
The solar farm will connect directly into the existing Glenrowan substation, which sits next to the site and is owned and operated by AusNet.
The following infrastructure will be part of the Winton Solar Farm. It will be connected to the national electricity grid via the existing Glenrowan Terminal Station:
- Solar Panels - Approximately 300,000 solar panels (modules), installed in regular parallel arrays.
- Mounting structures - each panel would be fixed to a metal mounting structure.
- Above ground DC cabling – this is fixed to the mounting structure, connecting each module in strings to combiner boxes.
- Underground AC and DC cabling Power conversion units - inverters, step up transformers and switchgear located within 40ft steel containers or on container skid pads.
- Internal access tracks to allow for light vehicle traffic during maintenance period.
- Perimeter fencing around the site, with an associated security system. Small site office and maintenance shed.
- Temporary infrastructure associated with site construction, including a site construction compound and temporary storage and laydown areas.
- Landscape screening around certain boundaries of the site.
FRV have stated that they will be using local content to support the delivery of this project wherever possible
Solar Farm Stats:
- Peak Power: 106 MWp
- Annual Production: 210,000 MWh/Year
- CO2 Avoided: 2,566 t/Year
- Households Supplied: 52,000 Homes
- Surface: 250 Hectares
- Operation Date: Late 2019 (expected)
- System Type: Single Axis Tracking Systems
About FRV Services Australia
FRV Services Australia (FRV) is part of the Fotowatio Renewable Ventures group which is a leading global developer and owner of renewable energy assets. They have successfully delivered over 1.15GW of renewable projects globally. FRV was the first company to deliver both a project-financed solar farm (Royalla, ACT) and a solar farm that uses single axis tracking (Moree, NSW). FRV currently has two other solar farms under construction in Australia, both located in Queensland.